In a state of panic in Chicago

Use this discussion board to address concerns or to find support from others with the disease.

Moderators: mad1dude, Chas, estanis

In a state of panic in Chicago

Postby SusanH » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the board. My husband was diagnosed on Oct. 20, 2011 and had a defibrillator implanted the next day. My 20 year old daughter has had symptoms of heart racing, near fainting etc. for years. She's in the drawn out process of being screened (she's with a different medical site then my husband) Today she's getting a 7 day heart monitor, she's already had an echo cardiogram. Only after the 7 day monitor does she have an appointment with a Cardiac Electro. physician.

Here's what's REALLY making me panic. My son has no health insurance! I'm usually pretty good at doing research, but I find myself paralyzed with fear! How am I going to help my son get screened? I'm reaching out to the board because we're all in the same boat here.
Susan
SusanH

Re: In a state of panic in Chicago

Postby jverhey » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Well you can send a blood test to the sponsor of this forum Dr. Brugada and he can test that outside of this I am in Japan and can’t help much with this situation. If I am home in the states I have VA medical but not sure about no insurance at all. How old is he? I have a possible recommendation but age is and important factor.
jverhey

Return to Brugada Syndrome Support Group